MVLC Mobile is an app that lets you search the library catalog, check your account, see your library’s upcoming events, and more. Older apps with similar functionality, are no longer supported.
You can download MVLC Mobile from either the Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android). During installation, you may be asked to give the app permissions to access your device’s camera, location, and photos or files. All these are optional and may be enabled or disabled afterward.
If your home library is part of the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium, you can tailor MVLC Mobile to display information specific to your library (e.g., upcoming events, online resources, and links to social media). To do this, tap Sign In, then Sign In again, then log in with your library card number and PIN. If you leave the “Keep me signed in” option checked, you won’t have to do this again unless you uninstall and reinstall the app.
Once signed in, you can tap the menu icon ( ☰ ) in the upper right corner of the screen to do the following:
- add or remove linked accounts (very handy for managing family members’ cards!)
- add a picture to your account
- change the order in which the app’s features are displayed
- change languages (U.S. English, Spanish, or simplified Chinese)
- view other devices you have installed the app on and signed into
- view and renew materials you’ve checked out
- view and modify holds
- view and pay bills
You can also use MVLC Mobile to get hours, contact information, and directions for MVLC libraries.
If you need help using MVLC Mobile, contact us.